In The Event Of A Fire Or Flood Emergency In Western Michigan
During any disaster, emergency preparedness is critical for everyone’s safety. Once the emergency passes and it’s safe to reenter your home or business, let VanDam & Krusinga help with the recovery process. VanDam & Krusinga expertly handles all types of disasters and performs full restorations of homes and businesses in the Western Michigan area. Our emergency restoration services are available 24/7, so you get the help you need whenever you need it.
If your home or business catches fire, act quickly. Fires rapidly engulf structures and become life-threatening in minutes. Smoke and poisonous gases released by the fire kill more people than the flames. Crawl below the smoke to the nearest exit, but never open doors hot to the touch. Get far away from the burning building, call 911 and wait for help.
Once the fire is out, don’t reenter the building until firefighters tell you it’s safe to do so. Call VanDam & Krusinga for immediate assistance. Our IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration experts:
- Board up windows and doors
- Tarp roof, if needed
- Inspect property to determine the extent of the damage
- Suggest the best recovery options
- Extract water from firefighting efforts
- Remove debris and non-recoverable items
- Restore recoverable items
- Clean soot from all surfaces
- Sanitize and remove lingering odors
- Reconstruct your property to pre-fire condition
Floods are the most common natural disaster in the nation. If your area is placed under a flood warning, evacuate immediately. If rapidly rising water makes it unsafe to leave your home or business, go to the highest floor. Never seek refuge in a closed attic where you may become trapped by floodwater, and only climb on the roof if absolutely necessary.
If you made it safely out of the flood zone, don’t return to your home or business until authorities say it’s safe to do so. Once inside, don’t wade through standing water or touch anything that could cause electrocution. Call VanDam & Krusinga for immediate assistance. Our IICRC-certified drying specialists work quickly to counter water damage, including:
- Thorough inspections to determine the extent of the damage
- Determining the class and category of water damage
- Suggesting the best recovery options
- Removal of debris and non-recoverable items
- Restoration of recoverable items
- Complete water removal and structural drying
- Electric service repair
- Sanitizing and removing odors
- Mold and mildew remediation
- Reconstruction of your property to pre-flood condition
Expert Emergency Restoration Services
We’re dedicated to achieving complete, long-lasting results and respond immediately to every disaster from our Grand Rapids, South Haven or Kalamazoo location. Contact us at 1-800-493-8673 for fast, reliable emergency restoration services anytime day or night.